On March 13, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) released revised directives related to the prevention of the spread of COVID-19 in health centers. The following steps are recommended to assure both compliance with state survey expectations and best practices for minimizing exposure to, and potential spread of, the COVID-19 virus. While these clarifications apply specifically to the CMS revised directives for skilled nursing, Life Care Services is requiring that the direction below be deployed in Life Plan and rental communities and ALL levels of care.
NOTICE: Effective immediately Westminster, RESTRICTS all visitors and non-essential health care personnel. Visitors will not be allowed to come into the community for independent living, assisted living, memory care or skilled nursing except for “end-of-life situations or the resident’s well-being.”
Should family members or others need to deliver items to a resident they can do so at the front desk of the community, and the staff will get the items to the resident.
For those essential health care personnel visiting the community, all visitors will be subject to the following screening and will be restricted from coming into the community if any of the following are met:
- Show signs and symptoms of respiratory infection such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, chills, body aches.
- Have a fever greater than 100.4°F as taken upon entry to the community.
- In the last 14 days had contact with someone with a CONFIRMED CASE of COVID-19, or under investigation for COVID-19, or are ill with respiratory illness.
- Have travelled internationally within the last 14 days.
- A community has a confirmed positive test of COVID-19.
- Located in a county or is adjacent to a county where a confirmed case of COVID-19 has been identified following public health advisories.
- Aged 14 years and younger.
While it is difficult to determine the best practice, sound judgement should be used in every case to consider the health and wellness of community residents and staff. Please direct questions to Executive Director, email@example.com, or by calling any reception desk at 512.454.4711.